Monday 1 April 2013

Chopping



Today, I'm not really blogging about the food. It's all about the chopping.
I did A LOT of cutiing and chopping this weekend. Mainly carrots and onions...so much so that I actually have orange hands right now!

Whenever I see anyone chopping up a whole chicken  or duck, I remember my dad. 
I know that I'm biased but he is the best chopper is the world! He can take a whole chicken, chop it into bite-sized pieces and then arrange it back onto a plate to look like a chicken again. It's amazing. 

I tried to chop a duck and made a right mess of it. Tried again and gave up as I really didn't want anyone to choke on the small splinters of bones that I was creating as I hacked away at the meat. I guess it's one of those things that I should have paid more attention to, but dad did it so well that it was never my job to deal with that. My mum and I would cook the meat and my dad would chop. Never any other way.

1 comment: